Issue while setting up Meshery UI

I think the Vmmem is due to the Docker Desktop though not quite sure about it but let it stay as it is.

My pc is becoming a lot laggy.

Yeah, I know that pain😅. Okay, let’s do one thing for running Meshery locally I sometimes run the make run-local command without the docker desktop. You can also give it a try by shutting down the docker desktop but you will miss some functionalities without a running Kubernetes cluster.

I only need the UI, anyways for now. :sweat_smile:

Okay, then close the docker desktop and run this commands sequentially

1. make setup-ui-libs
  2. make build-ui
  3. make run-fast
  4. make run-ui-dev

After step number 3 open your Meshery on localhost:9081 login through localhost:9081/provider and then run step number 4. Open the Meshery UI on localhost:3000. So if you want to perform anyway UI changes you can test it on localhost:3000.

Okay, I don’t know how to configure the command to make, I am using mingw32-make instead of that.
I will try these commands and let you know.

Also, I had like about 28gb space in this drive, now its 21 :sweat_smile: , any idea on how to bring it back :slight_smile:

I think docker desktop will create a lot of pain if you are low on resources. So one thing I can suggest you that install Docker manually and try to configure Kubernetes either by minikube or kind by following this guide. But this will take a lot of effort and a bit of research from the internet because the majority of the errors you will be facing are available on the internet but still if you face any problem we are there to help you out.

also,

PS D:\coding\Open source\meshery> mingw32-make setup-ui-libs
cd ui; npm i; cd …

ui@1.0.0 prepare D:\coding\Open source\meshery\ui
cd … && husky install ui/.husky

husky - Git hooks installed
npm WARN @rjsf/material-ui@3.0.0 requires a peer of @rjsf/core@^2.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN frontend-collective-react-dnd-scrollzone@1.0.2 requires a peer of react-dnd@^7.3.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN react-sortable-tree@2.8.0 requires a peer of react-dnd@^7.3.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN use-subscription@1.5.0 requires a peer of react@^17.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.3.2 (node_modules\chokidar\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.3.2: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“win32”,“arch”:“x64”})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.1.3 (node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.13 (node_modules\babel-plugin-add-module-exports\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.13: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“win32”,“arch”:“x64”})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.13 (node_modules\watchify\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.13: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“win32”,“arch”:“x64”})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.13 (node_modules\watchpack-chokidar2\node_modules\fsevents):

audited 1814 packages in 99.189s

131 packages are looking for funding
run npm fund for details

found 47 vulnerabilities (3 low, 38 moderate, 6 high)
run npm audit fix to fix them, or npm audit for details
cd provider-ui; npm i; cd …
npm WARN read-shrinkwrap This version of npm is compatible with lockfileVersion@1, but package-lock.json was generated for lockfileVersion@2. I’ll try to do my best wist with it!
npm ERR! code EBADPLATFORM
npm ERR! notsup Unsupported platform for @next/swc-darwin-x64@11.1.1: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“x64”} (current: {“os”:“win32”,“arch”:“x64”})
npm ERR! notsup Valid OS: darwin
npm ERR! notsup Valid Arch: x64
npm ERR! notsup Actual OS: win32
npm ERR! notsup Actual Arch: x64

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\Fidal Mathew\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2021-12-11T10_20_32_548Z-debug.log

1st command

Could you tell me how to configure “make” also??

When I was a Windows user I used this to install make in my system. Try it once and lets see if the above error solves. Try using make only. And also try removing the package-lock.json and node modules and again run the same commands with make.

Ok, I will give it a try! thanks

make: *** No rule to make target setup-ui-libs. Stop.

This is the error am getting after I ran make setup-ui-libs. Any clue how to sort it out?

Hey, @Deepayan_Mukherjee are you inside the Meshery folder? If no, please use cd meshery then run this command.

@sayantan1413 yes am inside the folder of meshery

The system cannot find the path specified.
make: *** [Makefile:105: setup-ui-libs] Error 1

This the error it is giving

Oops, do you have make installed in your system?

I did give it a try after installing make
But same error

What is your output when you do make -v ?

GNU Make 4.3
Built for Windows32
Copyright (C) 1988-2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Strange🥲. Okay, @Deepayan_Mukherjee in the Meshery folder if you go to the Makefile you will see about those commands and what all operations that command performs. So can you try those steps manually once to check if that’s a problem with the make command