What exactly is this sistent design system project

i just suddenly found a repo called sistent. and got curious what is this project about ?

2 Likes

@Antonette.Caldwell @Rex_Joshua @lakshya_22

1 Like

@Himanshu.Gupta

Thank you bringing this question up. We have several different React apps that heavily uses the Material UI v4 and v5 libraries, and this discrepancies led up to setting up the Sistent Design System. We want to be able to have the source of truth of what Layer5.io and Meshery looks like.

Sistent is a play on word to ensure that we have a consistent theme, components, design tokens and etc across all of the apps that will be using this library. Sistent is a design system that uses the MUI v5 components and a custom theme provider instead of using the default theme from MUI v5.

If you’re interested in joining, please let us know, and we can help you get started on contributing to the Sistent Design System.

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing my doubt i want to contribute as i have used MUI. how can i contribute suggest some tips

@lakshya_22 This description might work well as the information on the “about” section on the Sistent project pages.

1 Like

Hi there, @Himanshu.Gupta! You can join the websites call happening now to ask any questions you might still have about the issue. I hope you can join in.

1 Like