As the announcement of Adventures of Five and Friends was released, a community member inquired about how they “can be a part of this”. Good news. There are many ways. The following is a list of ways depending upon the manner in which you would like to participate (any and all of these ways are encouraged):
- As an ambassador: as a project enthusiast (as yourself) by engaging in social activities that help raise awareness and increase GitHub star count and Twitter and LinkedIn followers. We uplift and boost the signal of individuals who are promoting the projects and community.
- As a community manager: by operating behind the scenes of the Meshery, Layer5 Twitter and LinkedIn accounts and our 10k+ email lists by directly building our brand and community. Community members help manage these social channels today.
- As a MeshMate: by helping others orient to the projects and land their first pull request or other contribution.
- As a code contributor: by working on the websites (see full list of sites) or backend projects in Golang, Rust, and Bash, GitHub workflows and so on.
- As a writer: by storyboarding more of Five’s adventures and writing short stories. Sign up for the writing program by submitting the form on the page.
- As a designer: creating new illustrations based on the short stories and storyboards in Figma. The community has a number of shared design files with hundreds and hundreds of designs for software project UIs, social sharing, events, presentations and more.
There is a much longer list than this of ways to be involved in the community that needs to be published…