Need some direction on how to show istio-service mesh (minikube)

Hi, I’ve my minikube setup in local and in that I am running a sample book application and can see it’s mesh in kiali dashboard

Now the thing is I want to see the service mesh for this application in meshery. Although meshery is able to recognise minikube and everything but I am not sure how I can see my service mesh for the application running in minikube.

I recommend using the MeshMap plugin and it’s Visualizer mode.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the suggestion. But I am a bit lost because the meshmap is not showing my local environment.
As you can see, in the image below I have an extension section but after clicking on the signup for the meshmap it takes me to the meshery-playground rather than enabling meshmap in my local environment.

P.S. → I am trying to build a solid understanding of meshery and was looking for video tutorials and other resources. So far I’ve found the meshery docs and newcomers recordings on youtube is this it or am I missing something in terms of resources. I hope i am in the right direction here :sweat_smile:.

Very good of you to ask. Another noteworthy resource is that of the community’s shared drive, “Layer5 Community”, that can be found when visiting https://drive.google.com. MeshMap dynamically loads for entitled users upon sign-in to their Meshery Cloud account. If you’ve signed up for early access, you should find that a MeshMap menu item appears on the left side nav bar.

1 Like

So it turns out I needed to just logout and login again (in my local development) in order to see that option. Also I have the early-access already
Thanks really appreciate the help.

1 Like