Looking for a Meshmate 😃

Hello, community! I’m Ankita from India, a prefinal year student at IIT Roorkee. The opensource internship program website brought me here and I’m looking forward to connecting with a Meshmate to get acquainted with the Layer5 framework and contribute to some amazing projects.

I am proficient in C++, also have some project experience with JS, Java, and Python. About frameworks, I have experience with Django, Flutter, Node.js, and a bit with docker too.

I’m looking for some cloud-native projects to contribute to as I wish to widen the horizons of my knowledge in this particular field and it really interests me. I found Meshery to be pretty interesting and intriguing. Would love to work on some good first issues.
It would be really great and much helpful if I could find a Meshmate to guide me through the workflow and help me get started! :smiley:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to have you here @ankita
Let’s get you started real quick! We have a community call today ( 2021-12-10T16:00:00Z2021-12-10T17:00:00Z). Hopefully you’ll find time to join us there and we’ll see how we can help you succeed in your contributor journey.
If you just so cannot make it to the meetings due it any prior engagement, I shall make sure I provide you with a brief info about the projects here. In the meanwhile, kindly see if you would like to take up any issue in Meshery. That is perhaps the best way to start and engage with a Meshmate as they constantly review PRs and issues.
Given your tech stack, I think you’ll like to have a look at Meshery UI

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response @Deepak_Gupta. I’ll surely try to make it to the meeting.

1 Like

Try joining the Slack, and see if you can get someone to connect with you there.