Looking for a Meshmate and mentor

Hello Layer5 Community!

I am thrilled to introduce myself as a new member of this vibrant and innovative community. Having recently attended the newcomers’ meeting on Zoom, I was delighted to find such a welcoming and supportive environment. This is my first experience engaging in open source, and I am eager to contribute and learn.

I have a strong interest in backend development and bring experience with several programming languages, including Golang, JavaScript, Java, and C++. I have worked with Express.js and have hands-on experience with both NoSQL and SQL databases. While I have worked with Docker, I am still in the process of becoming proficient with it.

Although I am enthusiastic about contributing to the Layer5 codebase, I am unsure where to start. I am seeking a MeshMate who can guide me through my journey with Layer5, helping me understand how I can best contribute and what other technologies I should learn to become an active contributor.

Thank you for welcoming me into the community. I look forward to collaborating with you all and making meaningful contributions to the project!

Best regards,
Divyansh Choukse

Hey @Divyansh_Choukse Welcome to the Layer :layer5: community! :tada: We’re excited to have you join us. Your background in backend development and experience with various programming languages will be a great asset here. Until a MeshMate reaches out, it’s fantastic that you’re diving into the Meshery contributing guide. Don’t hesitate to ask questions in the community channels or slack. we’re all here to help each other out. Looking forward to seeing your contributions and collaborating with you!

2 Likes