Issue locating Istio from the Lifecycle menu

Context:

Currently working on the issue related to updating the hands-on labs from the embedded Katacoda scenarios to videos of Meshery showing how to do what is in the lab. Click here for issue link.

Following the existing scenarios:

The first step is to Install Istio using Meshery by selecting Istio from the Lifecycle menu.

When the meshery playground is opened and the Lifecycle menu is clicked to open, it reveals the submenu Service Mesh with an option to configigure settings.

Expected:

After opening the Lifecycle menu it was epected that Itso, linkered ect. would be listed as options to click on and proceed with the katakoda, however this is not the case.

What I’ve tried:

1. Under Lifecycle, I’ve clicked on configure settings, which revealed several options one of which is to add a URL link under Mesh Adapter URL.

2. I’ve added the URL of an Itso pattern
    from the catalog, assuming this would add the pattern as an option under the Lifecycle menu once the connect button is clicked.

However, an error showed instead which reads: Adaptor was not configured due to an error, without much more context.

See attached screenshot for reference

Any suggestion on how to move forward, regarding accessing i.e Itso from the LIfecycle menu?

@MUzairS15 may well be able to offer closure here. I believe this behavior remains on reboot of the Playground (or any Meshery Server).

Correcting typo in initial post
Expected:

After opening the Lifecycle menu it was epected that istio, linkered ect. would be listed as options to click on and proceed with the katakoda, however this is not the case.

Reproduced the steps in the initial inquiry on 10.25.2023, and the issue was no longer present, no steps were implemented from my end that resulted in the solution.

We could use a “?” button in this Meshery UI - a “?” button that will explain how to deploy and connect to an adapter in Settings.

1 Like