Help Needed with Pull Request Visibility Issue

:wave: Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out to seek some guidance regarding a recent issue I’ve encountered while working on integration icons contributions to our project.

Issue Overview: I’ve made several attempts to create pull requests (PRs) for integration icons updates, but I’m facing an issue where I can see commits made by other contributors in my PRs. This has occurred despite creating new branches and even closing and reopening PRs.

Steps Taken:

• Forked the repository to my GitHub account.
  • Created new branches for each PR attempt.
  • Closed and recreated PRs to ensure a fresh start.

Request for Help: I’m seeking advice on how to resolve this issue and ensure that my PRs only reflect my own commits. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or has insights into Git/GitHub workflows that could help isolate my commits properly, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. Your expertise and support are invaluable as we work together to improve our project.

Best regards,
Shubham Sharma
shubhusion
[Additional Contact Information, if applicable]

Hey Community,
I am also facing the same issue and looking forward for some guidance :roll_eyes:

@heybrojames Try using git interactive rebase and removing the commits of other contributors. It did not work for me but that’s the solution i found.

1 Like

Hey @shubhusion
Thank you for the response and sure, I’ll apply this solution.

@heybrojames did it work ? also can you provide PRs example ?