Hello Layer5 community!

My name is Saurabh, and I am a beginner software developer with a strong commitment to open source principles. I have been actively involved in various open source communities and projects, which have helped me hone my skills and broaden my knowledge. Now, I am excited to explore the opportunities within the Layer5 community.

Having researched Layer5 extensively, I am deeply impressed by its mission to provide a platform for building, testing, and deploying services with a focus on service mesh technologies. The collective effort and expertise displayed by the Layer5 community is truly commendable. I believe that my skills and experiences align well with the objectives of Layer5, and I am eager to contribute and learn from the talented individuals within the community.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could guide me in getting started with the open source projects at Layer5 and allow me a Meshmate.

Hi @Saurabh_Bhatt thanks for reaching out. Loved your introduction and passion to contribute at Layer5! :rocket:

Below are the couple of things that you can do to get started with the community and the projects:

• Fill the newcomers form to gain access to community resources.
  • You can visit community handbook, a newcomer’s guide, to get yourself familiar with all the projects, maintainers, tech stacks used, and pretty much everything about Layer5
  • Also don’t forget to attend newcomers meet that’s held every Thursday, subscribe to the Community Calendar for updates on different meetings: https://layer5.io/community/calendar
  • Explore different projects’ repositories , find issues you can work on, get 'em assigned to you and start your Journey .

Thank you for reaching out for a MeshMate. To better match you with a MeshMate, it would be helpful if you could share more about your interests and the areas in which you feel more comfortable.

1 Like